Class Descriptions and Listings
Spring 2019 Session
March - May (9 weeks)
Scroll down for schedule of class days/times.
Especially designed for babies 8 months and younger with a parent or caregiver, this 9-week class features special songs and activities to help you identify and encourage musical responses in your baby. Have fun playing and singing together (yes, babies sing!) while you meet and form lasting friendships with other parents and their babies. Your family will receive:
- 45-minute classes once a week for 9 weeks specifically designed to help you give your child the very best start in his or her musical development
- Music Together® songbook with special insert about music development in infants
- CD and digital download of all the current collection songs
- Booklet about music and child development
- Want to attend classes before your baby is born? Email me for details!
This is the essential Music Together® class, one that a child can attend from birth through age four through all the nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child-development researchers--grouping children of a variety of ages because this fosters natural, family-style learning. Younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because all the children in the family can go to one class together. Each child participates at his or her own level in singing, chanting, moving, listening, watching, or exploring musical instruments. Any caregiver--parents, grandparents, nannies--can bring the children. The whole family is welcome for this important family music experience! Included in this session's tuition are:
- 45-minute classes once a week for 9 weeks (Up to 2 make-up classes can be scheduled within a session if you have to miss class.)
- Music Together current song collection songbook
- CD and digital download featuring the current song collection, plus online support and a "Family Music Zone"
- Booklet about music and child development (for families new to the program)
- Discounted tuition for siblings; siblings under 8 months and 6 or older attend free
Designed for the 5-, 6-, and 7-year-old child, the Music Together Big Kids® program helps your child take the next step in music development by blending the elements of Music Together that parents and children love with new activities, skills, and challenges that are developmentally appropriate for this age. The Big Kids class will focus on Basic Music Literacy, laying the foundation for formal music instruction in school or in private instrument lessons, as well as a lifetime of joyful music making. The curriculum features developmentally appropriate and exciting activities including solfege, instrumental solos and ensembles, choreography, harmony singing, vocal development, and keyboard and drumming skills. The Big Kids classroom is a safe, familiar, fun environment where your child can experiment with new musical activities like conducting and improvisation, story songs, "silly operas," and game songs. Parent participation is welcome but not required. Previous participation in Music Together classes is not required to join a Big Kids class.
- MUST be in KINDERGARTEN
- 60-minute classes once a week for 9 weeks.
- Special Music Together curriculum developed just for 5-7 year olds, featuring Music Together songs from the current collection.
- BIG KIDS materials including a songbook, CD, online support and solfege flash cards.
To be eligible, your child must have turned 5 by the first day of class. While this can be a "drop-off" class, you (or another caregiver) are welcome to attend any or all classes with your child. However, due to the structure of the Big Kids class, younger siblings cannot be accommodated (except babies younger than 8 months with parent present.)
Is the class you want marked FULL? Please email Amie to be placed on a waiting list. Spaces can open up as people shift around in the first couple of weeks.
To register for a class, please click on the "register" tab in the menu! Questions? Call Amie 256-325-4718.